Why am I blogging?
As I look over my first few posts I realize I don't have much to say. My life is really quite mundane. It consists mostly of work, fixing up the house and spending time with my family, none of which is particularly blog-worthy. So why am I doing this?
My reason for starting this blog was an exercise at reviewing my day and looking for moments of laughter. Quite often at the end of the day, in the hour and a half between the kids' bedtime and my own, I look back and wonder if it was worthwhile or wasted. Often you only see the negative things - insufficient funds, things around the house that need to be fixed, relationship stresses. If all you see are the negatives you will find yourself edging toward depression. It is inconsistent with the joy of the Lord I should be feeling.
I've decided to look back at my day and remember when I laughed. When I began to do this, I was surprised to discover I laugh several times a day. They're not all memorable; often it's during a conversation at work, or watching a comedian on TV. Sometimes it's something cute the boys say or do. But I do laugh, and remembering those moments puts the day into balance. Yes, I worked too hard or something went wrong, but I also had some lighter moments.
Many of these fun times are "had to be there" moments. You wouldn't get it. It's like when someone tells a story of how their toddler mispronounced a word. Yeah, thanks for sharing. It's cute only to the parents.
My blog is a record of my laughter, an exercise in finding the joy of the Lord. If I can't remember something during the day that is blog-worthy, I'll go find something on the 'net. It doesn't take long if you know where to look. And that last laugh before I turn in for the night is the best one of all.
What made me laugh today...

I'm thinking he overshot his target somewhat...
<< Home