Saturday, October 01, 2005

Viral Ads

A viral ad is one that is politically incorrect and cannot be shown in mainstream media. The ad is denounced by special interest groups and the company responds by how shocked it is with the ad company/marketing group that developed it, and promises to investigate. The fact that so many are offended by the ad simply increases its popularity and the ad spread like wildfire, requiring no more advertising investment. It's a brilliant marketing strategy.

My favorite viral ad is the one for the Ford SportKa. (BTW, the cat is entirely computer-generated!)

What made me laugh today...

I took the boys to a playground today. The play-structure began to fill up, so I picked a high vantage point from which I could watch both boys. As I stood there looking at Evan, he noticed the ladder beneath my feet. He shouted at me (loudly enough for all to hear) "Go on, Daddy, you can do it!"