Monday, September 26, 2005

Weight before cooking

I am getting tired of paying for stuff I don't get. The patties on a McDonald Quarter Pounder weigh less than four ounces. Lumber is sold by its size before being planed, so a 2x4 is actually 1¾x3¾. My 17" computer monitor measures 16" diagonally. Norton Antivirus pesters you to renew your yearly license after only eleven months. Why should I pay for less than what was advertised?

I think I should have the option of getting what I'm paying for. So when I buy some lumber I want the bucket of shavings to come with it (Nice fire starter material). I'd use the little dixie cup of Quarter Pounder fat to fuel oil lamps or something. And I'd turn off the NAV nag until the last minute. And then delete it.

Maybe I should just say to these vendors "Well, you want $100 out of my gross paycheque, but since there are deductions I'm only going to give you $70."

What made me laugh today...

Go here to see a redneck's answer to a gas barbeque.